Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO is vital to a high functioning website. SEO is designed to increase both the quantity and quality of traffic to your website that come through search engines, such as Google and Bing. There are many aspects to SEO from web copy to technical backend configurations. Here are just four of the SEO basics that every website should have if it wants to rank on the all-important first page of Google:
What We Say
Yes — we practice what we preach, starting with content marketing.
Introducing PIER Creative
It’s World Innovation and Creativity Week so what better time for PIER Marketing to bring to you our new design team PIER Creative! PIER Creative is our newly-formed graphic design business under the PIER umbrella. While we have always had a team of awesome graphic designers that our marketing clients work with, launching PIER Creative opens up the opportunity for businesses to work with PIER Marketing Group on a purely graphic design basis as well. You can have a look at our offering and some of the work PIER Creative is proud to put their name to here or connect with our Studio Manager, Georgia Morrison on LinkedIn here.
The Importance of Strategy
You wouldn’t jump out of a plane without a plan and the correct equipment (or so we hope). So why would you jump into marketing activity without a clear idea of what you want to achieve and how you’re best positioned to achieve it?
A marketing strategy will define your marketing goals and business objectives and set out a structured and considered approach in how you most efficiently and effectively use resource and budget to achieve them. Seems simple? The output isa clear and easy to navigate strategy…it’s the upfront work to get you there than can be intense and challenging at times. But the considered thinking and thought-provoking questions result in key insights and direction to help create the foundations of your strategy.
So why is it vital for every business to have a marketing strategy?
The PIER Marketing Experience (from a student’s perspective)
Hi! My name is Bhodi and I recently joined the team at PIER Marketing for a week of Student Work Experience. I have a strong interest in website development, and after a few knockbacks from sole web development companies, I decided to change my focus. I looked into marketing because it goes hand in hand with website development, it is a very practical skill and a potential career option. Here’s how my week went …
Digital marketing trends for 2019
Digital marketing is constantly evolving, from the tools available to the way we’re interacting online … 2019 is already keeping us on our toes. In a ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ world, it’s can be increasingly challenging to make sure your brand is seen … and more importantly, seen by the right eyes. Then once you’ve got your brand noticed, how do you continue to build your brand through meaningful online interactions with your audience? The key is to respect and understand them; Where are they online? What are they interested in? How do they interact online? Staying on top of the trends will help keep you one step ahead. Here are some online trends to consider in your marketing in 2019:
Marketing ideas you’ll love this Valentine’s Day
Sure, Valentine’s Day may be a bit of a gimmick, but it’s a gimmick that has seen Aussies investing over $23 million* in years gone by. So what does that mean for businesses? Well it’s a great event to jump onboard – and some simple marketing tips can help you capitalise on the day without the need for a full campaign.
Spring clean your marketing
We love that Spring brings with it a renewed energy, optimisim and a heighty spring to our step! It’s also a perfect time to look at your marketing. Whether you’re getting ready for the busy Christmas build-up or getting everything in place ready to start 2019 with a bang, now is the time to think about that seasonal marketing refresh. Here are some of our top tips to touch base with your marketing activity and give it that extra bounce
Peering into PIER
Hello! My name is Caleb and I am a year 10 student of Frankston High School. Unlike most of my peers, my favourite subjects are maths, science and sport. A family member introduced me to the world of marketing and I took a keen interest in the subject. I was lucky enough to be accepted to do work experience with PIER Marketing, a local agency located in Mornington. With little knowledge of what is involved in marketing, I was eager get some experience from the team and get a feel for what it is like being in the industry.
Jump on the blogging bandwagon
You’ve heard it all before – blogging is important. Content marketing is a great asset for a business. Google’s love for content is no secret. Its algorithm places a heavy focus on a website’s content and the frequency of its updates, so regular blog postings can improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). This means you will rank higher in a Google search – a win for growing businesses!
- Four SEO basics every website needs to have
- Introducing PIER Creative
- The Importance of Strategy
- The PIER Marketing Experience (from a student’s perspective)
- Digital marketing trends for 2019
- Marketing ideas you’ll love this Valentine’s Day
- Spring clean your marketing
- Peering into PIER
- Jump on the blogging bandwagon
- Keeping your leads warm (even as the weather cools)
- Valentine's Day Campaigns to Pull at Your Heartstrings
- Holding onto that January motivation
- Facebook Algorithm gets personal
- How we plan your marketing strategy
- Online Advertising Tips in 2017
- An Insider's Guide to Outsourced Marketing
- Case Study - Parenting Ideas
- How much budget should I allocate for marketing?
- Case Study - Bata Industrials
- Market your business through event attendance
- Hitting the prime time
- Join the PIER team
- Popping up all over the Peninsula
- Why Awards Are Good for Business
- Content Marketing– Is it just a buzzword?
- Case Study - Bata Bullets
- What’s in a name?
- Winter Office Warming
- The MasterCard of Internships
- PIER internship – ding ding round two!
- PIER Team Expands
- PIER has moved to a fancy new home
- Data basics
- Set Yourself Apart from Your Competitors by Promoting Your Augmented Product
- Blog on, people
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
- Stamp your Authority
- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word...
- Tempted to Use Negative Marketing?
- Sometimes Companies Should Be Seen And Not Heard….
- READ ALL ABOUT IT: How to get your business in the press
- Observations From a PIER Marketing Intern
- Why having a target customer is crucial to your marketing