Digital marketing has grown rapidly over the last few years. Keeping on top of it can be a challenge for the most sophisticated marketer, let alone if you are running a business or a department.
Online and Digital Marketing are interchangeable terms, but the growth of social media marketing across Facebook, Google, Instagram and LinkedIn has added a new dimension to online marketing.
Social Media Marketing
There are three dominant platforms for social media (click on the links to see how we run our own pages):
With other offers from:
- Snap Chat
- And, may more
These platforms not only provide the opportunity for businesses to post content to their audiences but also use targeted advertising. Find out more about how these platforms change and develop in our Facebook algorithm blog.
Google and Search Engine Marketing
When it comes to bang for buck, Google is the internet search leader (95% market share here in Australia). Businesses can use both Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and paid advertising to generate sales leads. You can learn more about the SEO basics here.
When it comes to search engine optimisation (regardless of whether it is Google, Bing, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo), the rules are simple:
- Write for the reader
- Be clear and concise
- Use keywords in a relevant and meaningful way
In terms of GoogleAds there are six main types of ad you can use:
- Search, are text-based adverts which appear when potential buyers are searching for your product or service
- Display is image-based adverts which are shown across the internet to help build brand awareness
- Display (remarketing) is also image-based adverts which are shown across the internet to people who have recently visited your website
- Video which appears at the beginning of, for example, YouTube videos to help build your brand
- Shopping allows you to promote products from your eCommerce website
- App Campaigns are used to put your app in front of the people who want to use it
If you would like to know more about how to use online digital marketing, then get in touch with us today.